Sunday was a beautiful day, with the windows open. At one point I heard what sounded like rain. I looked out and instead of rain falling it was a blizzard of pine needles and maple leaves.
Not many leaves left on this tree after Sunday.
But lots of pinecones to come down yet.
I had dug out everything from the small flower bed out front. Some things I moved back to the mound, some I moved around, and the rest went to the compost pile. After the ‘needle fall’ on Sunday, there was some mulch already in the bed. I took the rake and moved all the needles from the cement into the flower bed, I think that’s all I will need in there.
I dug the potatoes yesterday, another pitiful crop, maybe a total of a 5-gallon pailful. The onions I did last week. They weren’t very big, but at least I ended up with more than I planted. We finished off the years’ beet crop for supper last night.
That horrible four letter word –snow—is in the forecast for tonight into tomorrow. As long as it’s going to snow I hope it gets down into the 20’s and freezes the cannas, glads, dahlias and calla lilies so that I can get them dug and cleaned up.
The pattern had wider borders.
I think the fabric is Through the Winter Woods.
I stitched-in-the-ditch around the pinwheels and meandered in the red. It ended up smaller than I wanted.
For this one I stitched-in-the-ditch around the pinwheels and free motion echoed in the background.
So did the pattern as 2.5” finished patches. That will be the size I was looking for.
This is a tablerunner I made from cut offs of another quilt.
I decided to do it as another pattern, Woven Ribbons. Once again I wasn’t satisfied with the size, so I make it smaller. I tried to put in the little dark pieces like in the center blocks above, but in the smaller size it just wasn’t coming out evenly. I ripped those out and continued on without them.
This one I made with more fall like fabrics. The outer Friendship Star blocks get lost because of fabric choices also. This I free motion echo quilted also.
I sewed together another set of embroidered blocks. There were a total of 19 blocks. Hmm, how to I set those?? AND, 6 were one design and the other 13 a different design. I called the lady to see how she wanted me to do it. She suggested 3 across the top of the quilt, which would be on the pillows. EQ to the rescue again. I spaced those three out with a couple of plain white blocks. The six different blocks I put in the center. It turned out quite well. When I brought it back to the Creamery for quilting I suggested using a variegated thread and a swirly design in the two white spacer blocks. The rest of the quilt the customer wants quilting following the quilting lines on the blocks.
Yesterday I started a purse for a sample. It’s called Wrapsody from Studiokat Designs.
And now I better get back to that!