Friday, March 21, 2014

Photo Graduation Quilts finished

I quilted both photo quilts this week, one on Monday and one on Tuesday.    I finished the binding on Wednesday, and hung them to photograph:001David001LukeBoth are large quilts—the yellow is 84” x 102”, the blue 95” x 108”.  Couldn’t have designed them without EQ7!

Here are close-ups of the quilting designs that the graduates had picked out when they were in with Grandma to pick out the fabric.:002David

003Luke

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I also made pillowcases out of the leftover fabric:

005David's Pillowcase005Luke's Pillowcase

Now I need to get at the redwork throw pillows.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilting, Eileen. I like the redwork quilt as well. Not one I would do but I agree that it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. I really can't take credit for the quilting--I quilted them at the Creamery using the Gammill with the Statler Stitcher. It's more that I've learned how to operate a machine (which is no small feat in itself), rather than I've learned to quilt. Someday, I still want to learn to do the quilting myself.

      Delete

Leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.